The blogosphere is HUGE. There are 227 million blogs on Tumblr and 75.8 million on WordPress (these are free blogging websites) and even more on Blogger and those using unique URLS. You can find a blog on every subject, from specific hobbies to general topics such as food or parenting. This huge blog world also means opportunities to help you grow your business! Let’s talk about why and how.
Why should you engage with bloggers?
- From the aforementioned numbers, it’s a big network. You’re bound to find a subject that fits with your business.
- Your potential audience is more likely to believe the recommendation coming from someone other than you. This is word-of-mouth marketing. Instead of sharing tips at the water cooler, it’s online.
- Bloggers have influence through a loyal readership. Depending on the blog’s focus, a blog can have hundreds to millions of followers that engage with it.
- Bloggers have social media influence. To increase readership and connect with their readers in on other platforms, bloggers also grow their social media presence.
- Great bloggers are serious about their work. They work with honesty and integrity and they’re willing to work with brands that fit their blog.